The Nuclear Science Center reactor is open for tours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Tours of the reactor facility are free and by appointment only. All fields in the tour sheet must be completely filled out by all participants on the tour in order to enter the facility, at least two weeks in advance of the tour. Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. Complete discretion is given to the tour guides for allowing tours to proceed into the building and reactor area.
Tours can last up to two hours, or take as little time as you need. As your tour guides are either reactor operators, senior reactor operators, or reactor operator trainees, a variety of information can be presented and tailored to the needs of your group. All tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and cannot be performed without prior notice on the day of the steady-state tour.
How can you get a tour of the reactor?
Complete a tour information sheet for all participants in the tour and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance with a proposed date and time to begin tour arrangements. If you want to reserve a date before submitting the tour sheet, fill out an availability request at the bottom of the page and submit.
The following are restrictions for tours:
- No weapons of any kind, including pocket knives. It is a Federal criminal offense to bring a weapon into any area of this facility.
- Tour sizes may be limited; the tour size must be kept to 10 guests per NSC Staff escort.
- Closed toed, closed backed shoes are required at all times to enter the building. No sandals, flip-flops, or clogs are permitted.
- No electronic devices such as but not limited to cell phones, cameras, and MP3 players. Pacemakers are safe within the facility.
- No bags, backpacks, purses, or bulky coats.
- Tours may be canceled at any time without advance notice.
- All persons and possessions are subject to search.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Acceptable forms of ID: state/government issued driver’s licenses, passports, and government clearances.
- Check out our location on the map here for directions to the facility.
- Visitor parking permits provide parking for most permit areas when permits are required. You can purchase a parking permit from the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center. Note that we have a red parking lot in front of the facility and can accommodate buses.
Tour Date & Time Availability Request
Fill out the form and submit to receive a reservation confirmation for a tour ahead of submitting your tour sheet. Tour sheets must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the tour. Tour date reservations can be made at any time.